Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tribute to my Grandmother: My One True Love!


I MAY NOT BE THE GREATEST POET IN THE WORLD, BUT THESE ARE WORDS FROM THE HEART

In Memory of Mrs. Felicia Aribiene Long-John aka Amama-lolo


----September 1913 - January 19th, 2006

My most beloved Grandmother Your body is gone,
but your spirit lives on in my life

_____________________________________________________________________

Life without you is tough, rough and cruel
Not hearing your voice every weekend is painful
But knowing that you are pain-free makes my world alright

Mama, i am almost 21. Can u believe it? You raised a beautiful little girl.I PROMISE i'll never let you down. Your little girl is going to be somebody someday!!!!
_____________________________________________________________________

Your hands so soft
Your voice so sweet
Your eyes so full of joy and hope

You were my favorite the only one
I loved you more than everyone and anyone
Never a time when you let me down
Always wearing a smile never a frown

Everyday for 20 years you guided me through the right path
You never let me go astray, not even once
Everyday for 9 years you dropped me off at school
You are my light, my north star

On a calm morning in January
With light showers outside on the streets of New York
It was mid-day on a Thursday

We both got a call
With different destinations
I received mine around twelve-thirty
And found out you had left for heaven

You left ahead of me
You knew where you'd be
In a place you never saw
Standing right there next to grandpa and Kalada

While you're up there, I'm down here
The soft music of Yolanda Adams tingles my ears
Telling me "This too shall pass"
I shed one tear

Seeing you there, laying so still
I suddenly get a deep chill
Never seen a prettier smile
Than the smile you always wore

Here it is another day,
I never had the chance to see you one last time
Never had the chance to say my last good-bye

I see you, looking down at me
Looking down at the ground
It's grandpa's grave and now your home bound

I walk away in silence knowing you are safe
turn round to get one last look and think of all it took

I picture you walking through the gates
Finally you see him grandpa waits, he's been waiting for 23 years
Now once again as he did before he gets to have you back

But as much as I know I have some ways to fall
Back into the arms of my beloved grandma
Everynight we talk, we laugh and we cry
Tonight will be no different

I will fall back into your arms as i go to sleep
Knowing that you will always catch me whenever I fall


O.I.U

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vey nice...Your grandmother must be very proud of all ur accomplishments...be rest assured she's looking down on you from "Here Heaven"

Anonymous said...

People should read this.